Dr. William T. Mahon
Dr. Bill; Mayor of My Village:
- Holds dual specialty licenses in Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics
- Over 35 years of professional experience
- Educated at Vanderbilt University (BA), University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences (DDS, MS Pedodontics), and St. Louis University (MS Orthodontics)
- Has three daughters who have lived in France, Israel, and Spain
Dr. Bill, Founder of My Village Pediatric Dentistry, has over 35 years of dental experience and holds specialty licenses in both orthodontics and pediatric dentistry. The vision for My Village began to take shape after a period of retirement from his orthodontic practice and then a ‘taste’ of pediatric dentistry with Dr. Hunt at Community Clinic. The experience was so enjoyable that, when his Bentonville office building became available in 2011, Dr. Bill decided to open a very unique pediatric dental office that would offer pediatric patients a true dental home, one that included several of the dental specialties – much more than just a place to ‘fix children’s teeth.’
What has developed is a very special place for children where we can deliver the kind of service that not only establishes excellent dental health, but goes much further by providing early pediatric orthodontic treatment (‘braceless’ orthodontics through the MyoBrace system), laser soft tissue surgery, and a variety of methods of handling difficult pediatric cases, including conscious sedation, IV sedation, and hospital dentistry. My Village also advises on nutritional counseling and has a close affiliation with other medical specialists, including pediatricians, ENT specialists, speech pathologists, pediatric allergists, OB-GYN specialists, dieticians, and even psychologists!
The mission of My Village is to provide our families with a warm, welcoming and relaxed professional atmosphere that is tailored to our kids. Convinced that there is no higher calling for us than to be able to provide the best in pediatric oral health, we are committed to treating each patient with genuine kindness and compassion, educating families about the importance of oral health, and providing the finest pediatric dental and orthodontic care available anywhere.
Dr. Bill’s education includes a Bachelor of Arts from Vanderbilt University, a Doctor of Dental Surgery from the University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences, a Masters in Pediatric Dentistry from the University of Tennessee, and a Masters in Orthodontics from St. Louis University, where he held the Cleft Palate Fellowship at Cardinal Glennon Hospital and received an Award of Special Merit for Research from the American Association of Orthodontist for research on functional appliances. Throughout his career in Rogers and Bentonville, he has served on numerous local boards, such as the Rogers Rotary Club, Our Farm, Salvation Army, St. Mary’s Hospital Foundation, and Simmons First of NWA, Rogers Library Foundation. He has also served on several mayoral commissions.
During his ‘rewirement’ from orthodontic practice, his interest in innovative orthodontic therapy was piqued when he came across Myofunctional Research Corporation (MRC) about seven years ago. This pediatric orthodontic technique has become a centerpiece in the current services that we provide our patients. Dr. Bill is convinced that early interception of orthodontic and skeletal problems can provide a lifetime health benefits to patients, can provide a more stable occlusion (bite) over time, and is most effective when applied to growing children – a fact that is readily understood by our parents.
With the advent of laser soft tissue surgery for those patients who have tongue tie (and many other soft tissue abnormalities), we can truly say that we offer services from the age of 0-21! Our goal is to create a pediatric practice that can be duplicated by other pediatric dentists in order to expand the scope of our services and to truly provide comprehensive health care to our young patients. Dr. Bill and his great staff are passionate about the practice mission and goals for our patients!
Dr. Ashley McDonald
- Educated at University of Arkansas (BS) and University of Tennessee (DDS)
- Kappa Kappa Gamma Alumna
- Professional memberships include the Arkansas State Dental Association, American Dental Association, Northwest District Dental Society, and New Dentists Committee
- Holds a license in moderate sedation from the Arkansas State Dental Board
- Loves visiting her parents in Greenwood, AR and brother and sister-in-law in Memphis, TN as often as possible
- Enjoys swimming, spinning, yoga, running, playing the piano, cheering on the Razorbacks, and walking her Miniature Schnauzer, Bella
After graduating as valedictorian of her class at Greenwood High School, Dr. Ashley went on to receive a Bachelor of Science in Biology with honors at the University of Arkansas and earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in the top third of her class at the University of Tennessee.
Dr. Ashley began her career with the Smiles of Arkansas group when they chose her to develop a new dental practice in Texarkana. In just two and a half years, she single-handedly built a general dentistry practice for kids. Dr. Ashley brings enthusiasm for dental health with a desire to boost patientsʼ confidence by improving their smiles.
Dr. Kathryn M. Rinehart
- Educated at the University of Arkansas (BS) and the University of Tennessee College of Dentistry (DDS)
- Chi Omega Alumna
- Professional memberships include the American Dental Association, the Arkansas State Dental Association, and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Has moderate sedation license
- Enjoys running, playing tennis, and cheering on the Hogs!
- Her husband is also a dentist and practices in Northwest Arkansas.
Dr. Kathryn is originally from Monticello, Arkansas, where she graduated as the valedictorian of her class. After earning a Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Arkansas, she followed in her father's footsteps and became a general dentist. She graduated from the University of Tennessee College of Dentistry and comes to us after practicing in a pediatric clinic in Little Rock, Arkansas. Her goal is to provide a dental experience that will help your child have a healthy smile and a life of good dental health!